Hello. My name is Chris Inch. I am a programmer, web developer, musician, graphic designer, photographer, beekeeper and woodworker from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I graduated from the University of Waterloo in 2004 with a degree in Computer Science.
I always like to have something on the go. If I see something that I cannot do, then I have to learn how to do it. Here’s a just a few things that I do to keep myself busy…
- In the winter of 2011-2012 my wife encouraged me to become a beekeeper by buying me my first beehive. I have detailed my beekeeping adventures on my beekeeping blog so feel free to head on over there if you want to read more.
- I played drums in Masters and Moderns. We were together for about 2 years towards the end of university. We played tons of shows and released two CDs. We decided to split up after university when we all moved away from Kitchener
- I decided to put my web skills to work in June of 2003. I registered my business, See! iDesigns. I have been keeping busy making web sites and backend systems for larger sites. I also create web templates for other web design companies and host web sites.
- I take a lot of photos. I shoot digital, film, colour and black & white. I take a lot of stock photos for sale through iStockPhoto. Visit my iStockPhoto portfolio for examples.
- I also do a lot of photography for bands, couples and commercial establishments. Here’s a small gallery of other photos that I have taken for people.
- I am a woodworker. I make extraordinary handmade writing instruments using exotic and domestic woods.
- I made a simple site that allows you to receive scheduled reminders sent directly to your email account. I came up with the clever name of Personal Timers. Check it out… It’s pretty cool.
- Greptionary allows you to search the English dictionary using regular expressions. I came up with this idea one day when I was trying to find cool domain names that ended in “.ca”.
- I also try to maintain KW Music in my spare time. The site is a collection of information about the local music scene. I have lots of ideas for this site, but very little time to implement them.