It’s autumn 2007 and, as always, I have a handful of things that are currently filling my life with joy. I’d like to take a minute to list 5 of these things and recommend them to you. I’m sure that some of these recommendations will eventually fade off my top 5 list, but as of right now, you should try these:
- Django. Django is a web framework written in Python. I’ve been experimenting with a couple Python web frameworks recently, and over the last month, I’ve written a couple small applications using Django. The installation is easy, development is fast and support is plentiful.
- French Onion Soup from M&M Meat Shops. These were recommended to me by my brother, Nick. They are amazing. They come completely frozen, and you put them in the oven. If you like French Onion Soup, you have to try these.
- Guitar Hero. As many of you already know, Guitar Hero is the game that revived my Xbox 360. If you still haven’t played this game, you should find someone with it and give it a try. Guitar Hero III comes out next week, and you can be certain that I am going to buy it.
- Plant bulbs. Fall is the time of year to plant spring flowers. There are tons of types of flowers that you plant now, and they will be the first ones to burst through the soil after the snow melts. Tulips, Daffodils and Crocus are among the many great varieties of flowers to be planted now. Check with your local garden centre to see which ones would be best for your garden.
- All-you-can-eat-sushi. I’ve gone twice in the last month. I’ve always enjoyed sushi but I’ve never really had the chance to venture out of my comfort zone when ordering. That was, until I went with co-workers for all-you-can-eat sushi. This is not like the typical buffet as you would find in Chinese restaurants. At most A.Y.C.E. sushi restaurants, you order off a menu, and each dish is made fresh for you. With a large group of people, you have the chance to try a lot of new dishes and things you wouldn’t normally order on your own. Another added bonus is that you never really feel full while eating sushi, so you can just keep eating and eating.